Back in November, I began working on Simplicity New Look pattern 6968C.

I left it unfinished because it turned out big and boxy, especially in the bodice.

20120531-175112.jpg

Last night, I decided to give it another try.

I shortened the shoulder seam by 2 inches, bringing the back higher.

20120531-175224.jpg

Formed the neckline into a V.

20120531-175316.jpg

Shortened the hemline about 6 inches. At first I did 8 inches, which turned out to be way too short! Thankfully I had left over fabric to add a 2 inch band.

20120531-180245.jpg

Finally, I sewed an old paisley silk belt from J.Crew to the waistline. The blue and green accents the (unseen) blue lining well.

20120531-180447.jpg

While the dress is still a little big, it is comfortable and great for work.

20120531-180632.jpg

Advertisements