Last night I began working on the bodice for my Vogue 8631 dress. Instead of navy, I selected this orange dot fabric.

20120518-001151.jpg

I practiced real sewing techniques, like basting pleats and using bias tape.

20120518-001258.jpg

All was going well until I got to this step, trim seam allowance to a scant 1/4″. It was then I realizes that in the previous step, trim away armhole raw edge 1/2″ from basting, I had in error trimmed 1/2″ from the raw edge. When it came time to turn bias tape to inside along seam, there was hardly any seam left!

20120518-001855.jpg

I am too frustrated to fix it, so, for even sleeves, I will have to mess up the other sleeve in the same manner. Good thing the rest of the dress will be trimmed in bias tape, giving me a chance to get it right!

Advertisements